Getting Started With Meditation...
Years ago, I heard about this thing called Meditation. It blew my mind, I always thought it was this thing that only some people were able to do and only the most spiritual, lightest beings.
But then I thought hang on.. how did they get to be so 'spiritually enlightened' and to be so much lighter than me?!
Well they started with one step at a time. No one just wakes up one day and is completely peaceful in their actions, thoughts and words. Like anything in life, it takes time!
So I then realised that that is all I needed to give myself, time. A little time each day on working on me.
I started researching all the benefits and learnt so much about meditation and what it does for each of us. Below are JUST A FEW benefits:
- Reduces stress
- relaxes the mind and body
- allows for clearer thinking
- allows you to connect with yourself and intuition
- improves concentration
So with just those few qualities, WHY NOT start I thought?!
I kept making excuses like I don't have the time or I don't know what I'm doing, but here I am years later, still doing it and improving every single time that I do!
Now I want to share with you just how easy it is to get started and my top 3 tips to getting started!
1. Do it for YOU. If you're anything like me, I spend so much of my daily life thinking about other people and it's true when they say that you can't help others unless you help yourself first. This is all about SELF LOVE. Love yourself enough to develop yourself, to quieten your mind and learn more about what YOU need.
2. Take one step at a time. Even if its only for a couple of minutes a day. There are some awesome gurus out there that have all the time in the world for meditation and can meditate for hours upon hours each day. But if you start with the small steps, you'll find just how easy it is to dedicate that time in for daily meditation. Start with laying down in bed before you go to sleep for 5 minutes, before you know it you'll be doing 15 minutes and so on.
3. Just close your eyes. Thats it, it's all you have to do! Close your eyes, listen and breathe! At first theres going to be sooo many things booming through your mind, whether its that you need to pick up the kids later, or that you need to remember to hang the washing out. Just sit there for those few minutes and be still. Remember it TAKES TIME! At first our minds will be so busy but with practise you will be still, silent and feel the benefits.
You'll be seeing results in no time. Just remember you're here for you and you deserve it. Be still, remember you need your time too!
I hope you enjoyed my tips and that they help.